Last Updated: January 25, 2016
We, at Dashboard Vision work with companies to transform their data into a series of easy to use, interactive dashboards (the “Services”) and host them in our web-based platform, or as requested, within an intranet or cloud environment, (the “app”) that is both real-time and secure.
Information we process from you
(1) Information you provide
Dashboard Vision receives files that you transfer to us for use in an interactive dashboard. We use a 128-bit SSL encryption provided by Thawte/Symantec to secure the connection between your application and our Amazon Web Services hosted platform.
Data or information you transfer to us may contain personally identifiable information, either internal to you or your business or relating to your customers or clients. These could include names, job titles, phone numbers and email addresses names, and the like (“Basic PII”)
(2) Additional information that you provide
In addition to Basic PII, we may process other information, depending on the context. For example, you may provide information regarding your Dashboard Vision account profile. In addition, Dashboard Vision clients or potential clients may voluntarily give their contact information when they contact us through email or on the Contact Us or Download page on Dashboard Vision.com. Dashboard Vision would typically use data submitted through such communications to communicate with and deliver services to Clients.
(3) Automatically processed information
When you use the Services, we may automatically process some information including:
(i) IP Address Information: IP address information about your computer, mobile, or other device,
(ii) Location Information: Information about your location by using data from the device you use for the Services, such as precise location information from GPS enabled on your smartphone, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your device, or the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device(s).
Cookie information may also track how users engage with or otherwise use the Services. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the Services, to monitor aggregate usage by users (and, perhaps, users of other service providers) and web traffic routing in connection with our Services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. Although you can change your web browser settings and instruct it to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit, some of the Services may not function properly if you disable cookies.
(iv) Usage: We may analyze your use of the Services, such as the time, date, and location of your use of the Services.
(v) Log Data: When you use and interact with the Services, we may receive and record information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, browser history, location, mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information. We may also receive this information when you click on, view or interact with links on our Services, including links to third-party websites or applications, or when you receive email notifications from us.
Google Analytics Disclosure
What we do with the information that we process
After we obtain information about you, here is what we do with it:
- Dashboard Vision does not sell, rent, trade, or share your personal information with non-affiliated parties (including third-party financial institutions) without your permission and consent or as otherwise required by law.
- Dashboard Vision does provide information to our partners who work on behalf of or with Dashboard Vision under confidentiality agreements. These companies and Dashboard Vision may use your personal information to communicate with you about offers and other related marketing activities. However, these companies are not allowed to share this information.
- We may use your information to learn about your (and others’) use of the Services so that we try to improve the features and functions of the Services.
- We may contact you to send you periodic messages, updates, or notifications regarding the Services or this Policy.
- We may monitor and analyze trends and usage, and make inferences regarding the Services.
- We may provide you with custom content within the interface of the Services, which may include services that match your use of the Services and your account profile.
- We may use your information to help prevent spam, fraud, or abuse by users of the Services.
- We may use information to provide to businesses with which we have a relationship certain aggregated data regarding our users’ use of the Services as such use pertains specifically to such business to help it better manage its use of our Services.
- We may use information to forecast trends, using algorithms or other methodologies.
- We employ firewalls, restricted access and encrypted transmissions as part of industry standard security measures. These are used to protect the integrity and confidentiality of contact information of our clients, as well as Basic PII.
How we share your information
(1) Third Parties
We have business relationships with various third parties that help us provide and improve the Services. We may share your information with those third parties as follows:
(i) Advertisers/Third Parties: We may share some of your non-personally identifiable information or otherwise aggregated information with businesses that deliver targeted advertisements on our behalf or on behalf of other businesses. We may also provide information to third parties under confidentiality agreements. These companies and Dashboard Vision may use your personal information to communicate with you about offers and other related marketing activities. However, these companies are not allowed to share this information.
(ii) Service Providers: We may engage service providers to perform functions and provide services to us related to the Services. We may share PII or other information with such service providers, however, any such PII will be aggregated with other users’ information such that it does not personally identify you.
(iv) Your Consent: We may share your information with your consent, such as when you authorize a third-party service provider or application to access your Services account.
(3) Law and Harm
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, we may process your information if we believe that it becomes reasonably necessary to comply with any law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request for any of the following purposes: to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect Dashboard Vision’s rights or business interests. However, this is not intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to prevent us from taking such actions with respect to your information for such purposes.
(4) Business Transfers
Your information is not automatically deleted. Even if you delete your account, the information that we processed in connection with your use of the Services may be retained, subject to your right to be forgotten or any other applicable laws or regulations.
Dashboard Vision implements security standards which are commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the security and integrity of the information that we process. However, due to the inherent risk of data breaches, we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Changes to This Policy